Start Das Forum Die Technikecke RC-Technik und Elektrik Cogging bei Brushless-Motoren
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: Cogging bei Brushless-Motoren

Cogging bei Brushless-Motoren 13 Aug 2018 10:29 #1

• Floh
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class C Hydro Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 1617
Hallo allerseits,

da die Suchfunktion nichts unter 'Cogging' gefunden hat, hier ein neuer Thread.
Unter Cogging versteht man ja das Stottern von Brushless-Motoren, z.B. wenn das Timing nicht passt. Leider findet sich nirgendwo eine Info, wie man dass Timing korrekt einstellt :wut:

Mein aktuelles Problem:

Ich habe 3 'blaue' 3000kv Motoren (Standard TFL), 1 von FSD und 2 ohne Label. Alle 3 laufen (nicht mehr) gescheit. Mein 2 Jahre alter Turnigy H2223-3500KV lief bislang immer super. Dieser Motor ist für 2-3S zugelassen. Gestern am Teich dann der Exitus. Er dreht zwar noch, kommt aber aus dem Cogging nicht mehr heraus. Den habe ich gestern allerdings zum ersten Mal mit 3S betrieben.
Habe dann zwei andere Motoren drangehängt, Turnigy SK3 2700kv und NTM 2700kv, alles prima. Es ist also nicht der Regler. Hab jetzt noch einen NTM 3000kv als Ersatz für den H2223 bestellt.

Hat jemand ne Idee, warum die Motoren den Geist aufgeben? E-Motoren sind doch eigentlich unkaputtbar und halten Jahrzehnte. Ich habe etwas Sorge, dass ich jetzt einen 20 Euro Schein nach dem anderen in neue Motoren inventieren muss, weil ich den Fehlergrund nicht kenne.

Der Regler ist übrigens ein Turnigy Marine 60A, den habe ich mittlerweile 4 mal im Einsatz.

Kann jemand helfen? Ich bin ratlos :-(
Viele Grüße Rolf (Floh)

einmal täglich über 200 km/h
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Cogging bei Brushless-Motoren 13 Aug 2018 11:01 #2

• Hasse.69
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class CU Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 632
The most common problem when "cogging" is that you lost one of three poles.
Ie bad connection or a burnt engine, happened to me at Irenensee. :oops:
Measure your wires, you should have the same ohm on all three.
Whats you timing, if you havn't touched it since you got the ESC it's set at 15 degrees.
I have set my timing at 7.5 degrees running SK3 2500 and 2700Kv motors.
Because they ran to hot with original setting, 85-103 degrees.
Also Ricardo had problem and we set his timing at 0 degrees.
He dropped temperature over 35 degrees by setting the timing "right"
Use a handheld thermometer and measure how hot you run your engine, maybe it's smoked. :evil:
What could possibly go wrong?
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Floh

Cogging bei Brushless-Motoren 13 Aug 2018 12:13 #3

• Lex Verkuijl
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Dank erhalten: 2992
Also three other things to consider:

- First, the blue original TFL outrunners are not the best Chinese production motors ... :nein2: I'm not saying they are crap, but there are a lot better motors available.

- Second, an ESC has a certain maximum RPM it can handle. Or better, a certain maximum frequency at which it can no longer accomodate for the rapid polarity switching an outrunner needs. Especially with the high RPM 5-pole or 7-pole outrunners of say 3000kv and above. You might have run into the max on your ESC when changing to 3S with the 3500KV motor. I know the HobbyKing Marine ESC's especially have this problem, i'm not sure about about the Turnigy's.

- Third, if a electric motor gets to hot, and the magnets themselves also get to hot, they starts to demagnetize. This changes the KV specs of the motor, and leads to higher RPM at higher amps. This results in even higher temperatures, resulting in more demagnitization, in result more RPM and AMP's, more demagnitization... etcera. This leads to a runaway effect which destroys the motor completely.

The third might be the case, considering your motors ran fine in the beginning. As Hans says, reducing the timing helps a lot. The motor is a little less powerfull that way, but I don't think that it is noticable on the water.

PS Braucht einer eine übersetzung ..??
Gruss, Lex
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: gema1831, Hasse.69, Floh

Cogging bei Brushless-Motoren 13 Aug 2018 13:10 #4

• Floh
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class C Hydro Racer
Lex Verkuijl schrieb:

Für mich nicht, danke!
Viele Grüße Rolf (Floh)

Cogging bei Brushless-Motoren 13 Aug 2018 13:14 #5

• Floh
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class C Hydro Racer
The NTM 2700kv works very fine and smooth with timing 0, but I can't determine a difference between low and high timing.
Viele Grüße Rolf (Floh)

Cogging bei Brushless-Motoren 13 Aug 2018 15:49 #6

• Hasse.69
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class CU Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 632
Lex Verkuijl schrieb:
As Hans says, reducing the timing helps a lot. The motor is a little less powerfull that way, but I don't think that it is noticable on the water.

I was second fastest in VO with 7.5 degrees timing, so that isn't a big problem. :-p
(After Mr full throttle Verkuijl) :pfeif:

Nej, du behöver inte översätta åt mej. :mrgreen:
What could possibly go wrong?
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Lex Verkuijl
  • Seite: