Start Das Forum Preface Die 152VO-Infizierten stellen sich vor Hello from Greece!!
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: Hello from Greece!!

Hello from Greece!! 13 Dez 2016 21:58 #1

• Pav Los
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
  • Dank erhalten: 1
Hello my name is Pavlos. I do not speak German and i really hope this will not be a problem ontaking part on the forum! I understand some German but i mainly visit the website using google translate! I am about to begin constructing my first 1:5,2 boat!
For those that are happy to read a bit more here's my short story. Im 27 years old and have been into the hobby for more than 18 years building balsa airplanes and fiberglass boats. I have always been an admirer of vintage rc boats especially between the period 70s and 90s. I had been always looking for used outboards and other scale parts. Four years ago i was very lucky and found a very good deal on the aquacraft ep1 outboard and since then i have been trying to find a suitable boat to install it into. I came across this website years ago but never thought i would be able to building something so scale and accurate! Before a few months i walked into the hobbyshop and bought the aquacraft spitfire boat and i want to start with the constructing! For technical details i will post in different section of the forum. Please let me know if it is ok to take part on the forum in english or i should translate it first to German before posting! Thank you
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Hello from Greece!! 14 Dez 2016 06:09 #2

• Lex Verkuijl
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Dank erhalten: 2992
Hello Pavlos,

Welkome to 152VO! Writing in Englisch is no problem, most of us can understand that just fine. If not, we also have Google .. :) Better just leave it in Englisch, a Germans Google translation often makes quite a mess of the grammar and gives inaccurate translations of certain specific words.

I'm looking forward to reading your build thread :super:

(I think by Aquacraft Spitfire you mean the Auronaut Spitfire?)
Gruss, Lex
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Pav Los

Hello from Greece!! 14 Dez 2016 11:08 #3

• Kay_01
  • ( Administrator )
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 1351
Hi Pavlos

Welcome on board in our forum and the illustrious group of model builders. Your "CV" sounds like 90% of all others here. Please try to read (google translate) the rules (>>Die 152VO Rennklasse<< --> >>Die Klassenregeln<< --> >>Die Bauregeln<< - or klick here). There are not so many, but a few important points have to be considered (e.g. the use of kits).

Best regards,

Kay

Hello from Greece!! 14 Dez 2016 13:07 #4

• Floh
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class C Hydro Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 1626
Kali mera Pavlos,

a warm welcome in our community :super:
Viele Grüße Rolf (Floh)

einmal täglich über 200 km/h

Hello from Greece!! 14 Dez 2016 14:59 #5

• Jo_S
  • ( Administrator )
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 2631
Hi Pavlos,
welcome to 152VO and be sure, that writing in english is definitely no problem. Just the opposite. We're glad that we got members from two dozend countries in our club. On our forum you'll find postings written in german, english, french, dutch and maybe some other languages which we even don't know. The coincident connection of professional modelers and absolute beginners, of original raceboat drivers and model drivers, of people all over Europe and some other parts of the world is the main spirit of our club. So we're glad that you found us... don't hesitate to write in english.

One word on the Aquacraft OB: some of us used this outboard some years ago. It's a nice looking engine, but the drawback is that it's not too reliable. The bevel gear is much too weak. The Aquacraft was originally constructed for small brushed motors, but todays brushless motors are way too powerful for the tiny gear-wheels. That's why they break quickly. My suggestion: use an outboard with a flexible shaft. There are a lot of alternatives to the Aquacraft, e.g. the pretty cheap TFL engine. When you change the bearings of the TFL it becomes a reliable engine.
Keep the flat side on the water!

Hello from Greece!! 14 Dez 2016 15:48 #6

• Pav Los
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
  • Dank erhalten: 1
Thank you all very much for your responses!! I have read a few sections of the website but i am sure i have a lot left to read! I am really impressed with the quality of the individual builds. I want to build mine accorrding to the class rules and i have already many questions to submit to the forum. I will spend some more time exploring the website and will sortly start posting! I am not sure if i should start a few thread (in english) or i should place my questions in the existing thread that are in German...
In any case, i would like to thank you that you made me feel welcome and i will be seeing you in the forum!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Floh

Hello from Greece!! 14 Dez 2016 16:25 #7

• Kay_01
  • ( Administrator )
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 1351
Pav Los schrieb:
...I am not sure if i should start a few thread (in english) or i should place my questions in the existing thread that are in German...

I think that there is no golden way where you place your questions. If you think the question belongs to the topic, then put it there. Usually you will get always nice answers - the guys here are really friendly, sometimes a little bit crazy and it isn't a typical "I-know-it-better"-forum
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: gema1831, Pav Los

Hello from Greece!! 14 Dez 2016 18:53 #8

• gema1831
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class DSH Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 669
Kay_01 schrieb:

... - the guys here are really friendly, sometimes a little bit crazy and it isn't a typical "I-know-it-better"-forum

It is not necessary to be crazy to make models of boats ... But it helps a lot!

Gema
Gruss, Mark
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Jo_S, Pav Los
  • Seite: