Start Das Forum Preface Die 152VO-Infizierten stellen sich vor WILLIAM FROM THE UNITED STATES . NEED HELP W FIRST KIT AND TIPS
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: WILLIAM FROM THE UNITED STATES . NEED HELP W FIRST KIT AND TIPS

WILLIAM FROM THE UNITED STATES . NEED HELP W FIRST KIT AND TIPS 13 Aug 2016 20:23 #1

• betterrcbuilder
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
  • Dank erhalten: 1
HELLO TO ALL!!

Please excuse me ,I am in America and I want to build a few boats as well as share the 152VO experience with others here in the U.S.A.
Although my family is from Germany and came to the U.S. in the late 1800's I don't speak German .

I would ask if any of the members can help me get started with info about best building methods ,types of wood and adhesive. As well as any parts for detail and mechanics for sale .

I am 49 years old and have been in the R/C hobby for almost 30 years .
I have built .any airplanes but I my one boat .
I fly every week.

What would be the best kit to purchase as a start / introduction to the proper building methods and setup?
I soul like to see an international meet at some point , although I am quite sure
The German team would make fools of us ...as long as we share a good time and make new friends !

Thank you to anyone that can take time to tell me how to get started

William Penn Kuenzel
85 McDermott circle
Hamden Ct 06518
U.S.A. :-(

image_104928.jpg
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Derret

WILLIAM FROM THE UNITED STATES . NEED HELP W FIRST KIT AND TIPS 14 Aug 2016 07:06 #2

• Ingoin
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Backyard Builder
  • Dank erhalten: 122
Hi William,

a warm Welcome to the VO community.

I am now good two years there and can tell you from my experience,
You'll get from ALL people the support that you need.

It's just a Gentelman class.

For more information you'll get from other people. I have the Foo Ling started as a plan drawing to build, but the Boat kit of "Switzer Craft" Baby Bullet "is very good and should be possible to build very good.

Let yourself inspierieren and choose your racer from.

Best regards Ingo

PS: My English is not not great, but I hope it with the translator of some moderation towards get to have.
Ein Schiff, das im Hafen liegt, ist sicher. Aber dafür werden Schiffe nicht gebaut.

WILLIAM FROM THE UNITED STATES . NEED HELP W FIRST KIT AND TIPS 14 Aug 2016 10:58 #3

• Lex Verkuijl
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Dank erhalten: 2992
Hi William,

Welcome to the 152VO Comunity!

As far as kit's go, there is only the Baby Bullet in the Racing Store. That is the only kit that is approved to get a 152VO Race Licence. There are other manufacturers out there that have 152VO style boats. But none of those is eligable for a race licence, becouse they are not constructed according to the class rules. If you want to drive just for fun there is nothing wrong with those kits of course, but if you want to build according to the class rules the Baby Bullet kit is the one you schould use.

On the other hand there are plenty of plans for other verry nice boats available. Either the original plans scaled down to 1:5,2 or finisched 152VO plans with building bord layout, frame sets, and build instructions. If you have build a few models before I think building from such a plan isn't a big problem, and is a lot of fun! Certainly running a boat that you have completely build yourself gives more satisfaction that one from a kit is my experience! If you want to promote 152VO in the US building from a plan is probably the better way to go. At least, that is my opinion. Of course it is entirely up to you what and how you build!

Looking forward to reading more of you in the forum!
Gruss, Lex

WILLIAM FROM THE UNITED STATES . NEED HELP W FIRST KIT AND TIPS 14 Aug 2016 18:22 #4

• gema1831
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class DSH Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 669
:shakehands:

Welcome to the 152VO Community!

:rc:
Gema (from Belgium)
Gruss, Mark

WILLIAM FROM THE UNITED STATES . NEED HELP W FIRST KIT AND TIPS 15 Aug 2016 01:08 #5

• A/B Speedliner
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Backyard Builder
  • Dank erhalten: 144
Welcome from Florida, I have been building the full size Speedliner Corsair M510 since 1965. I provided the plans for the ones built to 152VO specs.
David, Aeroliner Race Boats, LLC

WILLIAM FROM THE UNITED STATES . NEED HELP W FIRST KIT AND TIPS 15 Aug 2016 13:08 #6

• Floh
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class C Hydro Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 1625
Hi William,

welcome :shakehands: Easiest way to build a boat is the BB-kit which you can buy in the racing store. I'm 56 years old and this kit was my first wooden boat. If you like you can have a look on MY_WEBSITE . There you find a detailed report. Sorry, text is in German, but the pictures say more than thousand words.
If you have questions, post it in this forum or send a PN. I'm sure everyone in this community will help you.
Viele Grüße Rolf (Floh)

einmal täglich über 200 km/h

WILLIAM FROM THE UNITED STATES . NEED HELP W FIRST KIT AND TIPS 15 Aug 2016 13:50 #7

• Derret
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
  • Dank erhalten: 20
Hello- I saw your post on the forum-
My intro: Web site name of Derret- member of 152 approx. 3 years(?)
I live in San Jose CA.
Email : Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist gegen Spambots geschützt! JavaScript muss aktiviert werden, damit sie angezeigt werden kann.
If you care to email me for any help or info, please feel free to-
I have quite a bit of experience in constructing the OB boats - I will help you with info as needed-
I am a hobbiest now in boats building, having done model work etc all my life-
email me if you care to & I will reply-
Thanks & be well-
Dave Richardson
  • Seite: