Start Das Forum Preface Die 152VO-Infizierten stellen sich vor Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS)
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS)

Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS) 27 Mär 2015 01:08 #1

• studioRS
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
  • Dank erhalten: 27
Grüße, ich bin ein begeisterter RC-Enthusiasten mit Rennboote und Hydro Skala. Ich habe vor kurzem beigetreten 152vo von New England Vermont USA.

Würde die 1959 Sid-Craft F Wasserflugzeug, cab over lay down-Stil 3-Zeiger für den 152vo akzeptiert Stil?

source: www.dickodea.com/Dick%20O'Dea.com%20Outb...ing-5_files/Pic9.jpg

Ich werde mein Bestes tun, bitte entschuldigen Sie mein Deutsch, Google Translate ...
Cheers, Thompson
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS) 27 Mär 2015 07:28 #2

• VollNormal
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Normal ist, wie ich bin!
  • Dank erhalten: 765
Hi Thompson,

nice to have you here! :shakehands:

You may also write in english, it's usually easier for us to do the translation ourselves than to guess what Google might have possibly meant ... ;)

As can be seen in the rules-section of this site, a model of a class F racer is entitled to register with 152vo. At the moment we are discussing lay downs, the rules explicitly state a kneeling driver (at the time of writing the rules we weren't aware of there being any lay downs back in the fifties).

As we claim to be a scale model class, we require exact measurements of every original that our models are based on. To get these is often the hardest part of building and registering the model because the professional boat builders don't give away any plans of their boats. So the only possibility for getting the measurements is by "reverse engineering", that means finding a remaining original and measuring it yourself. Thus most of the boats running in the 152vo class are built from DIY plans published in boating magazines.
Tüssi, Andreas

Of course we need rules. How could we cheat if there were no rules?
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: studioRS

Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS) 27 Mär 2015 08:32 #3

• Ulmo
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class BSH Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 480
Hello Thompson,

I saw you lingering around on this site for quite a while during the last days :mrgreen: probably reading all that interesting stuff.
Thanks that you introduced yourself. I saw your <webpage> with all these fine models ... great stuff :1st:

I wish you lots of fun here and it would be great if you open a topic once you have decided for a model and let us participate.

Regards Steffen
Wer nur einen Hammer zur Verfügung hat für den sieht jedes Problem wie ein Nagel aus.

Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS) 27 Mär 2015 13:46 #4

• studioRS
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
Andreas, Good to know that I can type freely without translation. :musik1:

Now that I am looking at the Sid-Craft F type 3-pointer above, it does appear the driver is kneeling. I am all about scale and strive to make details absolutely correct so I will enjoy a challenge. Happy to take on replicating this from one or two old photos. I am a draftsman, Art Director and CAD designer.

A little more about me. In 1976 Saratoga, California I started my first job at 16 years old at "Marine Specialties RC" machining water cooled heads, cleaning cast aluminum rudders and packaging parts. Ever since then I have been hooked on RC and boats.

I am in touch with Garry Finlay and I am also the web master for RumRunnerRacing.com. I know it is an older website with not much traffic, but my enthusiasm will help, I hope. I recently re-designed the home page and all new plans page. I used to design the advertisements for Graupner USA (Germany) right before sell-off.

I love German cars, without saying anything, the best. I drive an 2002 Audi S6 avant, 4.2 Liter V8 daily and have owned many older Audi ur-quattros and Porsche 911s, 944s. I also am the original owner of a 2006 MINI Cooper S R53. True to heart German baby BMW fwd.

I love German vintage 1950's sailplanes too. I am building a 1/4 scale Bergfalke Mü13e and L-Spatz 55. The Bergfalke is originally drawn by hand from a UK designer. Nose profile was not correct, so I made adjustments to be right. I love drafting CAD plans too, I re-drafted the L-Spatz 55 with new wing profile and complete all new plans.

Fast forward to 2011-12, I reverse engineered and designed from G.Finlay plans and built my 1954 Breathless U-22 1/10 scale hydroplane. This is a photo of me getting ready for maiden launch. I live in New England, my family still lives 3000 miles away in Lake Tahoe and this is how important it was to me for the maiden launch. I HAD to maiden at the same exact location the real Breathless U-22 launched from in 1954 Gold Cup—Camp Richardson, South Lake Tahoe, CA.

On the driver, I hand carved the replica Cibié goggles from balsa and used fabric for the 1950 style helmet. I think this is minimum requirement to join 152vo…? :shakehands: Driver figure is the 1/10 scale Tamiya 4WD.

Full build set of photos of 1954 Breathless U-22

Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS) 27 Mär 2015 13:52 #5

• studioRS
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
Thank you Steffen! Yes, I have been reading all the details, very good information here for the scale junkie.

Since the F hydroplane is accepted in 152vo, kneel down is good! I think I have decided on the same Sid-Craft F hydroplane above and will start the process of new topic build page. I will have to collect as much data as possible first. if I am lacking, I will love to have all your help on details. Happy to participate and will enjoy another design and build challenge.

Cheers, Thompson
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Ulmo, Snake

Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS) 27 Mär 2015 19:49 #6

• gema1831
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class DSH Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 669
hello Thompson,

Welcome aboard!

:bier:

Gema
Gruss, Mark

Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS) 27 Mär 2015 23:04 #7

• Uwe
  • ( Besucher )
  • Uwes Avatar
A warm Welcome to you Thompson,

I take a look at your website: your boats are great!

My distant project, the UL Hydroplane Lifter from Hydro & Marine:

Cheers Uwe

Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS) 28 Mär 2015 15:36 #8

• studioRS
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
Uwe, thank you for the kind words. Very nice Hydro & Marine! Looks very "schnell"
Cheers, Thompson

Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS) 01 Apr 2015 14:43 #9

• Chynewalker
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Backyard Builder
  • Dank erhalten: 141
Hello Thompson,
We're practically neighbors! I'm in northern New York State, near the Canadian border. If you want to build a Sid hydro, I have a 1959 C/D in the barn you can loft.
Regards,
- Scott

Grüße Von New England Vermont USA (studioRS) 06 Apr 2015 15:38 #10

• studioRS
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Woodworker
Hi Scott, I'm located very close to the Canadian boarder, about 26mi in Milton, VT. Wow, that sounds wonderful a real deal 1959 Sid-Craft C/D hydro. Does this need restoring or is it all good to go?

Just short of seeing this in person, we could exchange details and I can send you the digital plans I've drafted for the F Hydro. I'm sure there are differences between a shorter C/D and this one off longer 14' foot F hydro.

Send me a PM here or on RumRunner (I'm the admin there "RumRunner" and "studioRS"), OSE forum or RC Groups. All the same user id "studioRS" for emailing the plans.

Cheers, Thompson
  • Seite: