Start Das Forum Preface Die 152VO-Infizierten stellen sich vor new builder from USA
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: new builder from USA

new builder from USA 13 Mär 2015 16:57 #1

• kohlndk
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
  • Dank erhalten: 2
Hi, I have just joined this group. After looking at all the nice models I have decided I should build one. I have been making model airplanes and cars for a long time. My 1st and only boat was scratch built, no plans, gas powered 50 incher, which was a fun boat. I ahve also built a wood kayak and have started a smal sailing dinghy. I would like either build a utility; such as the 'madxcap', but really like the looks of the 'Aeromarine', though it appears fairly complex. As I decide on which boat to build I will continue to enjoy your website. If you have any recomnedations for a 1st time 152 builder, I am open.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

new builder from USA 13 Mär 2015 17:23 #2

• Ulmo
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class BSH Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 480
A warm Welcome to you Ken :shakehands:

It sounds that you are an experienced model builder already, so it should be possible for you build either "Madcap" or "Airmarine Special".
For Airmarine plans you could contact the user <Rainer>.
I can't remember who drew the Madcap, but plans for the ribs are available.

However, I am sure that you will find your boat and support is guaranteed here in the forum - if you need it.
Wer nur einen Hammer zur Verfügung hat für den sieht jedes Problem wie ein Nagel aus.

new builder from USA 13 Mär 2015 18:10 #3

• jan
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class F Hydro Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 870
welkom hier
Alt genug, um besser zu wissen,
Aber jung genug, um es anders zu machen

Jan
:rc:

new builder from USA 13 Mär 2015 18:23 #4

• VollNormal
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Normal ist, wie ich bin!
  • Dank erhalten: 765
Hi Ken,

nice to have you here! :shakehands:

The Airmarine should be not much of a challenge for the experienced model builder, while the MadCap can even be done by the absolute beginner. For plans of the latter you might contact our user Andy, who also made an excellent set of plans including step by step instructions for the FooLing, which is in deed a smaller version of the MadCap.
Tüssi, Andreas

Of course we need rules. How could we cheat if there were no rules?

new builder from USA 13 Mär 2015 18:41 #5

• Snake
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class DU Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 310
:shakehands: Welcome
Alles ist möglich

new builder from USA 13 Mär 2015 19:14 #6

• gema1831
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class DSH Stock Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 669
Welcome to you,

Most plans are here ... www.svensons.com/boat/

Gema
Gruss, Mark

new builder from USA 13 Mär 2015 19:32 #7

• kohlndk
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
Thanks for the warm welcome. I currently have all the drawings. I was going to make the frames built up like the drawings. Do you think using white pine for everything and skin it with plywood would be strong enough. I also may ask Andy about his instructions, they should help a lot. Once I get started I will start s fresh topic in the correct spot. I also meant to say I live in a suburb North of Detroit, Michigan and about 5 minutes from lake St Clair. Thanks again
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich:

new builder from USA 13 Mär 2015 21:03 #8

• VollNormal
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Normal ist, wie ich bin!
  • Dank erhalten: 765
Pine is fine! :)

You could either build the frames from wood strips, then I would recommend pine as it gives good strength at a moderate weight and is easyly machined, or, as Rainer suggested, cut them from plywood, which is less work. For the frames you can use 3 mm (1/8 in) ply, the decks can be made from anything from 0.6 to 1.0 mm (appr. 1/32 in) and the bottom 1.0 to 1.5 mm (~ 3/64 in).
Tüssi, Andreas

Of course we need rules. How could we cheat if there were no rules?

new builder from USA 14 Mär 2015 15:48 #9

• kohlndk
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
After thinking about where and how I will use this boat I will be making the Madcap. As I do not belong to any clubs,I will probably run my alone when I am out on the lake. In this case either Lake St. Clair or Stoney Creek lake both are fairly large and and get a decent chop. Hence I will go with the monohull design. I don't think a hydro can handle the chop as well. As soon as I finish up the some of the 'honey do's', I will start this project.

I will go with the built up frames for this boat. Maybe if the weather cooperates I will some 'white pine' for this project this weekend.

new builder from USA 14 Mär 2015 17:27 #10

• Andy
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Dank erhalten: 1749
Hi Ken,

welcome on board here. You will find lots of information and answers on most of your questions. I just sent a private message with a download link leading to some details of Foo Ling, which construction is almost identical to the Madcap.

Regarding the lakes: Stony Creek Lake might be less choppy then Lake St Clair, and yes - the flatbottom hull will perform much better than the hydro there.
Man sollte sich selbst nicht zu ernst nehmen
  • Seite: