Start Das Forum Die Backyard-Werft: unsere 152VO-Modelle Three pointers / Roundnoses Jupiter "By Jove"
Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Jupiter "By Jove"

Jupiter "By Jove" 12 Mai 2014 17:03 #1

• patbig
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
  • Dank erhalten: 17
Hello, good evening all. I am new to the forum and the class. I don't speak German, sorry, so I'll use English, though I am French. I am a member of the Hippocampe modelmakers' club near Paris. A fellow member just built a VO152 and I liked it, so I started to build my own, a Jupiter design. The hull is nearly finished and weighs 410 grams for 58 cm. With servo, engine, 3C battery and pilot, I am at 1255 grams, so I hope to keep the finished boat around 1500 grams.
I hope to try the boat by the end of the month,
Cheers to all
Patrick

jupilateral.jpg

jupidessus.jpg

jupidessous.jpg
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Jupiter "By Jove" 12 Mai 2014 17:09 #2

• topchop
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class A Hydro Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 811
Salut Patrick,
very nice job :1st: looks pretty good. :top:

:popcorn:

Jupiter "By Jove" 12 Mai 2014 17:15 #3

• blechroller67
  • ( Besucher )
  • blechroller67s Avatar
Hallo Patrick

looks very fine :top:

but the Turnfin........better use metall

Jupiter "By Jove" 12 Mai 2014 17:38 #4

• patbig
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
Merci, it's a lovely design, a bit like my old Austin Healey, with sweeping curves. I'll paint it two tones like the 50's Corvettes. I downloaded the plan from the internet. The top is covered with 0.6mm plywood, bottom 1.5 mm.

Jupiter "By Jove" 12 Mai 2014 17:43 #5

• patbig
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
yes, I thought of it but wasn't sure how to fasten it so I just made one piece with two layers of 1mm plywood. I was a bit lazy, i could have sandwiched a piece of 0.5mm stainless steel. What metal do you use, aluminum or stainless steel?

Jupiter "By Jove" 12 Mai 2014 18:07 #6

• Rainer
  • ( Besucher )
  • Rainers Avatar
Hello Patrick, first of all welcome :shakehands:

Your Jupiter looks very good, I am nosy about your Painting :popcorn:

Regarding the material of the fin, I used aluminium, but it bent after contact with another boat. So, I think there are two ways, aluminium will have no big damage on the other boat. Or stainless steel is much more stable, but imagine what happens in case of a crash :sick:

Rainer

Jupiter "By Jove" 12 Mai 2014 18:21 #7

• VollNormal
  • ( Supermoderator )
  • Normal ist, wie ich bin!
  • Dank erhalten: 765
Salut Patrick et bienvenue a cette forum! :shakehands:

Your Jupiter looks very good so far, I'm curious how the paintjob will turn out. :popcorn:
Tüssi, Andreas

Of course we need rules. How could we cheat if there were no rules?

Jupiter "By Jove" 12 Mai 2014 18:22 #8

• jan
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Class F Hydro Racer
  • Dank erhalten: 870
toppie :top:

welkom hier
Alt genug, um besser zu wissen,
Aber jung genug, um es anders zu machen

Jan
:rc:

Jupiter "By Jove" 12 Mai 2014 18:44 #9

• Jo_S
  • ( Administrator )
  • Administrator
  • Dank erhalten: 2631
Hi Patrick,

welcome to our international club! :shakehands: We're really happy to notice that 152VO now starts to spread over France and more and more french members join us (like the Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland already did before).

The Jupiter is a phantastic design and a really fast boat. Regarding the turnfin: 1 mm aluminium should be strong enough as long as you don't crash the boat. :)

By the way: we'd be more than happy to meet you and some more of our new french colleagues on the 3rd International 152VO Competition which takes place on 07. - 10. August on Lake Bigge (Northrine Westfalia), about 500 kilometers from Paris. It's just phantastic to see some dozends of these boats racing together - it is like a big international family of vintage outboard racers. We'll be there the whole week long... maybe you'd like to join us for a real racing holiday?! :bier:

Have a lot of fun in our racing class and on our forum. Don't hesitate to ask any question!
Keep the flat side on the water!

Jupiter "By Jove" 22 Mai 2014 11:18 #10

• patbig
  • ( Benutzer )
  • Rookie
Hello, thanks for the invitation but I'll be sailing that weekend on the opposite end, on the Atlantic. My Jupiter is nearly ready now, the colors are indeed a bit pale, ivory and baby blue, but I'll use bright red numbers and name. The weight ready to run with a 3C battery is 1434 grams. I will try 2C since I think the stock Hobbyking engine I am using puts the boat over the rating limit with 3c's. I hope to try the boat next weekend at my club in Cergy, where there's already two other boats. Just some tidying up and connections to finalize. The steering works OK but tends to get a bit slack, I'll try and fix it.